Oversees the daily operations of the Public Area Housekeeping department ensuring that SLS Las Vegas appearance standards are being upheld at all times and the expectations of both guests and employees are met and exceeded.
Focus is on, but not limited to the following:
· Ensure cleanliness throughout the property (both inside and outside) of public areas and public restrooms.
· Coordinates with various departments and Casino Shift Managers
· Monitors and coaches team member performance in all cleaning areas. Sets the example in cleaning and assists team members in the various areas. Constantly inspects and checks all public areas and ensures positive feedback or immediate corrections are made
· Ensures daily and hourly cleaning of vertical and horizontal surface cleaning, cleaning of tile, stone, carpet, mirror in F&B, casino, and common areas. Must be the expert in cleaning products and equipment and ensure team members are employing the correct methods
· Additional responsibilities will include assisting with staff scheduling, coordinating event cleaning and various deep cleaning projects
· Performs all other cleaning and event duties as required by business needs
· Minimum two to four (2-4) years of management experience in a Public Area/EVS leadership role for a similar Hotel/Resort.
· Must have excellent verbal and written communication skills (Both English and Spanish preferred), organizational skills and multi-tasking abilities
· Prior supervisory experience obtaining outstanding cleaning results in a casino, resort or hotel is required
· Must be available to work a flexible schedule (including graveyard) depending on business needs
· Must have demonstrated ability to handle large deep cleaning projects
· Knowledge of major cleaning equipment operations, procedures, and methods also required
· Must have experience in floor care, surface cleaning, snow removal equipment and various cleaning products and equipment
· Must be 21 years of age or older